Castor Oil has many skin benefits, it keeps the skin healthy and young looking through its seemingly endless medicinal actions. It is not a surprise then Castor Oil is also used for the prevention, treatment and healing of acne as well as minimizing acne scars. The use of this oil from castor beans has been widely used throughout centuries and is a truly safe and cheap means of ensuring acne free skin up to this day. Read on the following therapies on how to use Castor Oil for Acne.
Castor Oil for Acne Prevention and Treatment
Acne is caused by the irritation of the skin due to accumulated impurities which causes the skin to react in an inflammatory manner. Castor Oil for acne treatment is a method which is based on castor oil’s dirt drawing properties that makes it one of the best natural remedies for acne. Castor oil is fantastic at drawing bacteria, dirt, dead skin cells, excess oil and other nasty stuff lodged in your pores, and the bonus part is, it does not clog pores. It is because of these qualities that castor oil is used as an effective acne treatment via the ‘oil cleansing method’. Oil Cleansing involves the use of castor oil to help cleanse the skin and penetrate it for deep cleaning that targets most of the causes of acne, thereby effectively preventing and treating it.
7 Steps on how to use Castor Oil for Acne Prone Skin
The following is a step by step method of how to use Castor Oil for acne prone skin for prevention of acne as well as for acne treatment:
- Prepare some towels and a pot of steaming water
- Hold the towel over your head as you let the steam reach your face while leaning over the steaming pot of water
- After a few minutes, your pores will open up and will be ready for the Castor Oil treatment.
- Rub the oil using small circular motions over the areas with acne or prone to acne.
- Use another wet warm towel to wipe the Castor Oil from your skin.
- Rinse skin with cold or cool water to shrink the pores.
- Pat your skin dry and use a very small amount of Castor Oil as a moisturizer until you cleanse your skin again.
This therapy is effective especially for skin with acne if used daily for a period of 10-14 days. Results may vary by individual. If used as a form of acne prevention, the recommended frequency is 1-2 times a week and can be substituted in place of your usual skin care regimen.